Connect Jira Cloud to other Systems

Matheus Almeida March 26, 2019

I'm newbie in Jira Development,

I would like to know the best way to make Jira communicate with other platforms (eg ServiceNow, SM9, Milldesk), I did a little research and it seems that the best way is to create a cloud app that makes this communication, correct?

This communication intends to update issues on other platforms and receive updates from them, thus centralizing work on Jira only.

Sorry if it got too vague, because it's just an idea that we're thinking about in the company.

3 answers

1 vote
Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hi @Matheus Almeida ,

I think I might be able to help you out with this question.

I'm part of the Exalate team.

Exalate is a synchronization app that was originally built to sync Jira to Jira. But, due to demand, this last year we have expanded our integrations to include Github, HP QC/ALM and Zendesk.

We are in the process of prioritizing new connectors on our roadmap. ServiceNow and Salesforce are currently in review.

We could set up a call and discuss further what integrations you're looking for, as well as discuss requirements.

You can reach me at stefaan@idalko.com. Feel free to reach out and continue this conversation through email.

Cheers,
Stefaan

Matheus Almeida March 29, 2019

Hi Stefann,

Thanks for your response. The Exalate sounds interesting. I'll try to specify what I need to do. 

Our company works with other clients, and the clients uses another plataform (bugtracker) to work, most of them use ServiceNow, and my Company have Jira Bugtracker and the employees of my company need to replicate the comments, attachs etc.. in these two plataforms.

What I want to do is this "simple" integration, only with issues, if you create/update an issue in serviceNow this service/app send this to Jira, and vice-versa.

In my research I saw that I can use Jira Rest API/Webhooks to do this job and Rest Api of ServiceNow, but I need to make this service in both sides, wich is a problem because I don`t know if the clients are open to do this.

I accept any ideas or sugestions.

Best Regards,

Matheus

Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2019

Hi @Matheus Almeida ,

This is actually a pretty common use case for Exalate.

Will you be at the Atlassian summit next week? We'll have a demo for a Servicenow - Jira integration set up there.

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2022

@Matheus Almeida , hope you've found the desired solution. If you ever have to make the integration, you might want to check out ZigiOps. It's s no-code integration platform that allows connecting Jira with not only ServiceNow but other popular software solutions like Azure DevOps, BMC, Nagios, Nutanix, Dynatrace, and many more. It's fully customizable so you'd be able to choose which fields (what data) you want to transfer. 

Feel free to check it out and even see it in action via a short demo.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

It really depends on the service/platform you want to connect to, as well as the use case. Some platforms create a Marketplace app to integrate their tool with Jira, so it's worth checking out the Marketplace to see if that exists. It's an extra cost, but this can save a lot of time in having to build a home-grown solution.

Your other option is yes, your own creation, add-on, etc. that can act as a middle-man between the two tools and utilize the Jira REST API to do what you need to do.

Matheus Almeida March 29, 2019

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. I made a research but I didn`t found app/plugins that really do this. I found some softwares like Middlewares to do this job.

Automate IO

https://automate.io/integration/jira/servicenow

Like I said to Stefaan, what I want to do is this "simple" integration, only with issues, if you create/update an issue in serviceNow this service/app send this to Jira, and vice-versa.

In my research I saw that I can use Jira Rest API/Webhooks to do this job and Rest Api of ServiceNow, but I need to make this service in both sides, wich is a problem because I don`t know if the clients are open to do this.

Best Regards,

Matheus

Suggest an answer