Connect EazyBI to Oracle, MySQL, Postgres

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hi

I have an JIRA 6.4.9 server and I try to try EazyBI on it. JIRA Server connected to an Oracle 11g Server. And this is the result of my try:

I Attached screenshot for each one. Could you help me?

Postgress:
Screen Shot 1396-08-18 at 16.14.36.png

MySQL:

Screen Shot 1396-08-18 at 16.13.03.png

Oracle:

Screen Shot 1396-08-18 at 16.12.39.pngScreen Shot 1396-08-18 at 16.12.17.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jānis Baiža November 9, 2017

Hi, Ansar,

Regarding MySQL - MySQL JDBC driver isn't included into Jira or eazyBI because of licensing requirements. Please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/connecting-jira-applications-to-mysql-802592179.html#ConnectingJIRAapplicationstoMySQL-jdbcdriver2.CopytheMySQLJDBCdrivertoyourapplicationserver how to get it.

Regarding Oracle - usually, eazybi_jira is just username, not database name. In field 'Database' you must provide database name.

Regarding PostgreSQL - it seems that there was an error during eazyBI initialization. Could you please specify used PostgreSQL version?

Best regards,

Janis Baiza

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hi @Jānis Baiža

Thanks for your answer

- For MySQL I do same and reset JIRA server, But nothing happen and I see that message again.

- For Oracle I create a user and Oracle create an schema Automatically. I consider schema as database name. I think the problem here about connection string properties. EasyBi didn't provide right field according to oracle database connection string.

- For Postgres I use version 10

Thanks in advance

Jānis Baiža November 10, 2017

Hi, @Ansar Rezaei

In case of Oracle, schema name is almost the same as the user. As database name, you need to specify SID or Service Name. For example, if you have the following TNS record - (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=ORCL))), then in the field 'Database name' you need to enter ORCL.

About MySQL and Postgres - could you please send listing of <JIRA installation directory>/lib/ directory files and eazyBI log files (https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Troubleshooting#Troubleshooting-eazyBIlogfiles) to support@eazybi.com ?

Regards,

Janis

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2017

Hi @Jānis Baiža

Thanks for your help.
I change database name with SID name and It worked for me.
I think you should update your documentation, change field name or provide some help for users like me who face with this situation.

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2017

Some extra permission like create session, create type, create procedure is needed for connection to database in my case.

Jānis Baiža November 10, 2017

Thank you for insight. We will look at ways how to improve configuration screen and documentation.

About extra permissions - it's mentioned in our documentation https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Installation+and+setup#Installationandsetup-Oracle. You need to execute the following statement:

GRANT CONNECT, RESOURCE TO eazybi_jira;

Those two roles will include all needed permissions.

Suggest an answer