Confusion about JIRA billing payments

Marcin Ceglarek November 12, 2014

Hi 

I have a question about recent changes (or not) in JIRA monthly cost. About 1.5 weeks ago I've started a trial of JIRA cloud solution for our small company. We've set up projects and few people with tasks with aim to asses the solution for trial period which in my opinion was a month. Price after this period was quite tempting at 20$ per 20 users (and that's all we need, since there are about 18 people involved).

For some reason however after a week our JIRA site was disabled, and a request for payment appeared. I was displeased to see that biling rates changed, and rate for 15 people was set to 25$ and 25 people version to 100$.

I talked to my manager and told him that the tool was usefull (and unlike pivotal or zoho people did use it and liked it), so we agreed that 15 people license is what we should go for. After filing up credit card information I received invoice for over 62$ detailing that JIRA 15 user license is now 50$ with 12$ vat tax.

So my question is: was this some gross confusion of some kind of mental blackout on my part? I'm affraid to check JIRA prices right now, so it might change (increase) again. Was that some change of policy or some kind of promotion just ended?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

Hi Marcin, 

thats not an actual answer to your Question, but when i go to the website i can see these prices:

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt1.PNG

Yes I know current prices. I was wondering why during the span of 5 days I've seen 3 diffrent price sets

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

I can confirm that these are the current prices, and in the 2+ years that I've been working at Atlassian it has never been $20 for 20 users. The plan is always $10 for 10 users, $50 for 15, and so on.

@David Nicholson [Atlassian] Thank you. Therefore I must have accidently check price of something diffrent than JIRA (like JIRA Capture or some simmiliar tool) and confuse myself ;/

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

No worries! At that level it's generally $10 per application for 10 users, which could get confusing when adding multiple products :)

Suggest an answer