Confluence user cannot create issues

Stephen Wells February 20, 2013

We are using our OnDemand site for product support and project management. As a part of this a project is setup for each client. I am trying to setup so that they can create issues which we are putting into a calander that we display in the confluence space for the project. The problem is that even though I have setup a group for the client that has permission for group members to create issues the "Create Issue" button does not appear in the tool bar or in any menu's. How do I get it to display?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi Stephen.

Make sure your Project Permissions in JIRA allow for the group to have the Create Issue permission rather than just the Project Role. Similarly, do you have any Issue Security or Global Permissions restricting this group (preventing them from seeing / modifying / creating the issues in the Project)?

If you are trying to isolate a group and project in JIRA, you might want to follow this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/HOWTO:+Secure+Projects+Between+Groups+and+Teams

That guide should walk you through, step by step, how to separate permissions for a single Group/Team away from the rest of JIRA. Does that help?

Stephen Wells February 21, 2013

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the assistance.

Suggest an answer