Confluence static document link against JIRA issue type?

We would like to have a static URL to a confluence document, specifically an ISO form/policy document, for each JIRA issue type. To be clear, we don't want users to add a document link/URL to an issue, we want to have the link set up by an administrator against issue types.

2 answers

0 vote

There isn't really a way to do this.  You could put the link in the issue type description, but it's not that much help to the user buried in there.  If you have a scripting add-on, you could put a calculated field on screen, although it wouldn't land near the issue type in the issue view.  Other than those two options, I think you'd have to write code (and I'm not even sure you could do it in an add-on).  Possibly a javascript hack might do it - also adding a calculated field to the display.

Hi Nic, thanks for your response. However I don't think your response is entirely accurate. I know there is a way to do this within JIRA, because I'd already found a link (see  below). What I was hoping for was a simple way to set this up using existing UI features.  

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/fields/tutorial-creating-a-custom-field-type?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.atlassian.com%2Fjiradev%2Fjira-platform%2Ffields%2Ftutorial-creating-a-custom-field-type&application=dac

Nope, it's accurate. You've linked to a doc describing creating a new custom field type with a plugin, which is another way to do "put a calculated field on the issue view".

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 6 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

85 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you