Confluence static document link against JIRA issue type?

Nigel Harrison September 12, 2015

We would like to have a static URL to a confluence document, specifically an ISO form/policy document, for each JIRA issue type. To be clear, we don't want users to add a document link/URL to an issue, we want to have the link set up by an administrator against issue types.

2 answers

0 votes
Nigel Harrison September 13, 2015

Hi Nic, thanks for your response. However I don't think your response is entirely accurate. I know there is a way to do this within JIRA, because I'd already found a link (see  below). What I was hoping for was a simple way to set this up using existing UI features.  

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/fields/tutorial-creating-a-custom-field-type?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.atlassian.com%2Fjiradev%2Fjira-platform%2Ffields%2Ftutorial-creating-a-custom-field-type&application=dac

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2015

Nope, it's accurate. You've linked to a doc describing creating a new custom field type with a plugin, which is another way to do "put a calculated field on the issue view".

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2015

There isn't really a way to do this.  You could put the link in the issue type description, but it's not that much help to the user buried in there.  If you have a scripting add-on, you could put a calculated field on screen, although it wouldn't land near the issue type in the issue view.  Other than those two options, I think you'd have to write code (and I'm not even sure you could do it in an add-on).  Possibly a javascript hack might do it - also adding a calculated field to the display.

Suggest an answer