Confluence startup failure from clean - ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

I have downloaded and are tryinf to install atlassian-confluence-5.4-OD-20-005-x64.bin

This fails with:

"type Exception report

message java.lang.IllegalStateException: The com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache Cache is not alive (STATUS_SHUTDOWN)

com.atlassian.cache.ehcache.DelegatingCache.get(DelegatingCache.java:93)

com.atlassian.confluence.cache.ehcache.ConfluenceEhCache.get(ConfluenceEhCache.java:36)

com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache.getResource(ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache.java:168)

com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache.get(ConfluenceVelocityResourceCache.java:107)

com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.ConfigurableResourceManager.getResource(ConfigurableResourceManager.java:282)"

This fails on 2 different servers, just when I have selected MySQL as DB source. I am pretty sure everything is ok (and yet, problably not) ....just cant figure out what I should be missing.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2014

My conclusion - the OD download was "defect" and way bigger than normal download:

{code}
-rw-r--r--  1 npn         npn   242955183 2014-03-18 10:12 atlassian-confluence-5.3.1-x64.bin
-rw-r--r--  1 root        root  246958968 2014-03-13 02:55 atlassian-confluence-5.4.4-x64.bin
-rw-r--r--  1 npn         npn   362221173 2014-03-18 08:53 atlassian-confluence-5.4-OD-20-005-x64.bin
{code}

I installed atlassian-confluence-5.4.4-x64.bin and imported the OD export without problems.

Ref: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-120027

Gave up on Atlassian support (again)

1 vote
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2014

These problems seem to be solved in the latest release 5.4-OD-5 (at least with the UNIX version)

1 vote
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2014

Got the same issue over here.

In my case, I'm working with the tar.gz release and I tried with both PostgreSQL and embeded databases.

Also tried atlas-run-standalone which doesn't seem to work either.

0 votes
BMeine March 24, 2014

I have the same problem with atlassian-confluence-5.4-OD-20-005-x64.bin and PostgreSQL 9.3.

I also made it through a successful installation atlassian-confluence-5.4.4-x64.bin (but am having some difficulties with the import).

0 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014
-- referer: http://atlassian01.dbbjackup.netic.dk:8090/setup/setupstandarddb-start.action?database=mysql | url: /setup/setupstandarddb.action | userName: anonymous | action: setupstandarddb org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'apiSpaceService' defined in class path resource [services/api/implementationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'apiSpaceServiceTarget' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'apiSpaceServiceTarget' defined in class path resource [services/api/implementationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'contentFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'contentFactory' defined in class path resource [services/api/implementationContext.xml]: 6 constructor arguments specified but no matching constructor found in bean 'contentFactory' (hint: specify index and/or type arguments for simple parameters to avoid type ambiguities)........

Suggest an answer