Confluence "User Signup Options", why aren't they available in JIRA and how do the relate to JIRA user management?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

I have JIRA set up to do all my user management for Confluence.  At some point, I didn't realize I was in Confluence and I went ot user management.  I found the "Restrict by Domains" option and thought it was very useful.  I enabled it and immediately noticed this was a Confluence setting.  So my question is two parts.  

1. Why isn't this option in JIRA?  It seems very useful
  2. What happens if you enable this but user management is handled by JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thiago Zandona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

Hi Scott,

This function to restrict by domains is a Self Sign Up function and is enabled for both Confluence and JIRA instances as you can see below, if you are running Cloud version of our application:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Enable+self+sign+up

If you are running server based version it will only apply to Confluence and to be honest I don't know why. There's already a feature request to make it available in JIRA as well and you can see and up-vote here. I believe that if the JIRA does your user management is this case, the restriction by domain will not work.

Cheers

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

Thanks! Voting now!

Suggest an answer