Confluence page linking from JIRA does not work

Conor McCooey October 13, 2014

Trying to link to a Confluence page from within JIRA is not working.

1. If i try to search for the Confluence page to link to it says "loading spaces" and never loads.
  2. If i link directly to the Confluence page url it renders in JIRA "Wiki Page You do not have permission to view this page"

I am using the latest versions of both Confluence and JIRA and i am using Trusted Application authentication which is showing as configured in both JIRA and Confluence.

Why is this linking not functioning correctly?

Many thanks in advance,

Conor

3 answers

0 votes
Mahmoud Kebbi [Infosysta] September 10, 2015

hello, Any update in this issue ?I have the same problem 

0 votes
Conor McCooey October 13, 2014

Thanks Mattheus, I have tried this but it's the same result. When i try to update either the outgoing authentication by Trusted App or OAuth links i get a message such as

You are currently being redirected to a page and we can not automatically confirm that its url is pointing to a safe resource. This could be caused by accessing this application with a different url than the base url configured by the administrator.            If you trust the url, you can continue by manually navigating to it.       

Page URL:       

Is the issue somewhere on Confluence that the url is specified as localhost:8090?

I've checked the base url, and it's not there.

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2014

Conor,

Try setting up the application link using only OAuth as the authentication method, and make sure that you have proxyName and proxyPort in both JIRA's and Confluence's "server.xml" files (see How to Configure an Outbound HTTP and HTTPS Proxy for JIRA) even if you're not actually using a proxy. smile

I hope it helps!

Suggest an answer