Confluence login issue

Sanu Soman July 1, 2013

Hi All,

I'm facing login issue in my Confluence instance after XML restore. The actual insatnce (XML file) having JIRA user directory as the primary user directory and was working properly.

Now I guess due to change in Confluence instance IP address, this error is coming. Also I can't able to login as internal directory user. Please help me on this.

I guess I need to disable/change priority of this JIRA user directory in confluence to overcome this.

After google it, I found I need to edit atlassin-user.xml file to change the modification, but bad luck .. I don't have atlassin-user.xml file. Only having osuser.xml file, and see the content of file below

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<opensymphony-user>
    <!--
        Authenticators can take properties just like providers.

This smart authenticator should work for 'most' cases - it dynamically looks up
        the most appropriate authenticator for the current server.
    -->
    <authenticator class="com.opensymphony.user.authenticator.SmartAuthenticator"/>

<!-- JIRA User management (with caching) -->
    <!-- Note: Do not add any line breaks or spaces when specifying the chain.classname, otherwise a ClassNotFoundException will be thrown -->
    <!--
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingCredentialsProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.atlassian.confluence.user.providers.jira.JiraJdbcCredentialsProvider</property>
        <property name="chain.datasource">java:comp/env/jdbc/JiraDS</property>
    </provider>
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingAccessProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.atlassian.confluence.user.providers.jira.JiraJdbcAccessProvider</property>
    </provider>
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingProfileProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.atlassian.confluence.user.providers.jira.JiraJdbcProfileProvider</property>
        <property name="chain.configuration.provider.class">bucket.user.BucketHibernateConfigProvider</property>
    </provider>
    -->

<provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingCredentialsProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.opensymphony.user.provider.hibernate.HibernateCredentialsProvider</property>
        <property name="chain.configuration.provider.class">bucket.user.BucketHibernateConfigProvider</property>
    </provider>
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingAccessProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.opensymphony.user.provider.hibernate.HibernateAccessProvider</property>
    </provider>

<provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingProfileProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.opensymphony.user.provider.hibernate.HibernateProfileProvider</property>
    </provider>

<!--<provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.memory.MemoryCredentialsProvider" />
    <provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.memory.MemoryAccessProvider" />
    <provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.memory.MemoryProfileProvider" />-->
</opensymphony-user>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know how I can overcome this.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

If your Jira directory is in first place, I think you can put the internal directory in first position in order to login with your admin account:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights#RestoringPasswordsToRecoverAdminUserRights-Step3.PuttheInternalDirectoryinFirstPosition

If it fails, you can try to recover admin password.

Cheers,

Bernardo

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Try this to login to Confluence as an admin. Then make necessary changes.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

Sanu Soman July 2, 2013

I already did this and now I can able to log-in. Thanks:)

0 votes
Sanu Soman July 1, 2013

Almost similar post,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=283640612

Anybody know how I can achieve this?

Suggest an answer