Confluence login issue

Hi All,

I'm facing login issue in my Confluence instance after XML restore. The actual insatnce (XML file) having JIRA user directory as the primary user directory and was working properly.

Now I guess due to change in Confluence instance IP address, this error is coming. Also I can't able to login as internal directory user. Please help me on this.

I guess I need to disable/change priority of this JIRA user directory in confluence to overcome this.

After google it, I found I need to edit atlassin-user.xml file to change the modification, but bad luck .. I don't have atlassin-user.xml file. Only having osuser.xml file, and see the content of file below

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<opensymphony-user>
    <!--
        Authenticators can take properties just like providers.

This smart authenticator should work for 'most' cases - it dynamically looks up
        the most appropriate authenticator for the current server.
    -->
    <authenticator class="com.opensymphony.user.authenticator.SmartAuthenticator"/>

<!-- JIRA User management (with caching) -->
    <!-- Note: Do not add any line breaks or spaces when specifying the chain.classname, otherwise a ClassNotFoundException will be thrown -->
    <!--
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingCredentialsProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.atlassian.confluence.user.providers.jira.JiraJdbcCredentialsProvider</property>
        <property name="chain.datasource">java:comp/env/jdbc/JiraDS</property>
    </provider>
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingAccessProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.atlassian.confluence.user.providers.jira.JiraJdbcAccessProvider</property>
    </provider>
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingProfileProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.atlassian.confluence.user.providers.jira.JiraJdbcProfileProvider</property>
        <property name="chain.configuration.provider.class">bucket.user.BucketHibernateConfigProvider</property>
    </provider>
    -->

<provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingCredentialsProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.opensymphony.user.provider.hibernate.HibernateCredentialsProvider</property>
        <property name="chain.configuration.provider.class">bucket.user.BucketHibernateConfigProvider</property>
    </provider>
    <provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingAccessProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.opensymphony.user.provider.hibernate.HibernateAccessProvider</property>
    </provider>

<provider class="bucket.user.providers.CachingProfileProvider">
        <property name="chain.classname">com.opensymphony.user.provider.hibernate.HibernateProfileProvider</property>
    </provider>

<!--<provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.memory.MemoryCredentialsProvider" />
    <provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.memory.MemoryAccessProvider" />
    <provider class="com.opensymphony.user.provider.memory.MemoryProfileProvider" />-->
</opensymphony-user>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know how I can overcome this.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If your Jira directory is in first place, I think you can put the internal directory in first position in order to login with your admin account:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights#RestoringPasswordsToRecoverAdminUserRights-Step3.PuttheInternalDirectoryinFirstPosition

If it fails, you can try to recover admin password.

Cheers,

Bernardo

Almost similar post,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=283640612

Anybody know how I can achieve this?

Try this to login to Confluence as an admin. Then make necessary changes.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

I already did this and now I can able to log-in. Thanks:)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

128 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you