Confluence Plugin Macro should only be visible to system administators in the Macro Browser

TtheB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Hi,

I transfered a former user macro to a plugin macro, because I needed additional functionality, which are not possible within just a user macro. As a user macro, I had the option to limit the visibility of the macro to system administrators only in the Macro Browser. How do I achieve this with a plugin macro?

Within the macro definition in my atlassian-plugin.xml, I already tried the following:

• <category name="admin" /> (macro is in this category, but still visible to every user)
  • <xhtml-macro hidden="true".... (macro is not visible at all, it doesn't even render when using wiki-markup {myMacro}
  • <xhtml-macro showInMacroBrowser="false"... (that is the field name of this setting in the updateusermacro-start.action, no effect)

Any Idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TtheB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Well, I still don't know how to make a plugin macro only visible to administrators in the macro browser, but I figured out, how to use the attribute hidden="true" in way that works for me.

The setting hidden="true" hides the macro from everyone in the macro browser, the rendering problem, which occured, was due to the fact, that I implemented my plugin only in the xhtml-way:

&lt;xhtml-macro key="mycolour-xhtml"
             name="mycolour" class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.xhtml.MyColourMacro" hidden="true"&gt;
    &lt;category name="development"/&gt;
    &lt;parameters/&gt;
&lt;/xhtml-macro&gt;

after adding also the old style macro definitions to my atlassian-plugin.xml:

&lt;macro key="mycolour"
       name="mycolour" class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.xhtml.MyColourMacro" hidden="true"&gt;
    &lt;category name="development"/&gt;
    &lt;parameters/&gt;
&lt;/macro&gt;

my macro renders now fine using wiki-markup.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Upgrading+and+Migrating+an+Existing+Confluence+Macro+to+4.0

Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

Unfortunately hidden=true doesn't seem to work (any longer)

Suggest an answer