Confluence Page ID in JIRA

Jan Locaj November 30, 2022

Hello,
After deletion of the Confluence link within JIRA issue (from the JIRA side, not Confluence side), in the history of the issue there is contained some ID:

Page_ID.png

However this ID is not the page ID used in Confluence, moreover it looks like some internal JIRA ID stored in the DB for the linked Confluence page.

The "problem" here is, that I'm not sure how to find the page by the given ID in Confluence.
This might happen e.g. when page link was accidentally deleted directly from JIRA issue.
Is there some way how to find the Confluence page by the mentioned ID?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

I think that is the ID of the link, nothing to do with Confluence.

On server/DC, a Confluence page is always available via its id - try something like https://confluence.adaptavist.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=243800459 - replace the base url with your own, and the page ID with the one you're looking for.

Thanks for the reply, but of course I know, how the confluence pages can be accessed via their pageID. The problem here is, that I don't have it, neither I have the page name in order to search for it in Confluence, therefore I cannot link it back to JIRA issue. I have only the mentioned history item from the issue. So, isn't there some more information regarding the link in the database, when we take into account that we have the mentioned JIRA link ID?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Um, you said "how do you find a page by the given ID in Confluence"?  So you have the ID of the page?

No, I have only the mentioned Link ID from history within the JIRA issue - which also you addressed as it looks like the "ID of the link" in JIRA.
The problem is, that user accidentally deleted the page directly from the JIRA issue (by clicking on "X" in the "Issue Links" section), without knowing, which was the linked page from Confluence. Therefore I'm trying to find a way, how to determine the page somehow by the given ID from the issue history, as there is no other "clue" how to find the Confluence page, which was there linked previously.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2022

Ah, I see, I misunderstood the question.

If a user deletes an link, then no, I'm afraid there's no record of the page that was linked to

Like Jan Locaj likes this

OK, no problem, thanks for your replies anyway!

Suggest an answer