Configuring sub-task fields displayed on parent issues

Özerk Dolanbay February 25, 2014

Hi all,

I read the document placed at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Sub-tasks but there is no explanation if it is possible to configure sub-task fields for a specific project rather than all projects in jira. Maybe by adding a new property at workflow step or transition?

Any idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

The bad news is that there's no way to select fields on sub-task display. You either have the field on screen or you don't.

But, configuring "fields per project" is a standard function in Jira. It's actually "fields per project and issue type" - a lot of people only do it by project, but you can easily say "Field X only appears on sub-tasks and technical tasks in project X" - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

And, of course, if a field is not valid for a sub-task, it won't have data and hence won't come out in the sub-task display.

Thanks for your quick reply Nic but I need to configure the sub-task fields displayed on "parent issue view".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

No, that's what the bad news was - there is no project level way to do this.

There is an option under advanced settings namely "jira.table.cols.subtasks" but this configuration is valid for all project so it is useless for me. There must be a project level configuration. I tried to add "jira.table.cols.subtasks" as a property but it is failed.

Suggest an answer