Configuring specific fields for different issue types

Rebecca Virgona September 15, 2013

Hello, I'm having real difficulty configuring different fields per issue type. I only want some fields to display if it is a bug. I can see a few different places where I can setup schemes and configurations but it is not working for me. I suspect I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be great! Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Hi, in administration, go to the custom field, hit configure. Press edit configuration for the application context. Chooset the issue types / projects required for the field to be visible on.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

If the field you're referring to isn't a custom field you can't do this. There aren't many of them. Those are the default system fields?

You can try field configurations instead. You can create a field configuration scheme and assign field configurations to issue types. This has show/hide behavior.

Rebecca Virgona September 15, 2013

Hi Harry, thanks for your response. I've tried that. The only problem is the field I want to show for certain issue types is not listed in the custom fields. Any other suggestions?

0 votes
Rebecca Virgona September 22, 2013

Thanks Harry. I've created a field config scheme and it works a treat!

Suggest an answer