Configuring notifications

Deleted user August 31, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating a notification scheme

Hi Atlassian, 

Does reassigning an issue fall under the "Issue Assigned" event? For the "Issue Assigned" event, we have set the notifications to Current Assignee only. However, all of the Watchers are receiving notifications whenever issues are reassigned. Since our developers frequently reassign issues, our Watchers are getting many unwanted emails. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, I am wondering if you could tell me some examples of Generic Events.

Thank you so much for your help,

Mikaela

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2016

Yes, it's Issue assigned event as well as Issue Updated when issue is reassigned- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29328 

As per Atlassian it's two events, Issue Assigned as well Issue Updated

"

Both events are now sent such that people notified of all issue updates will continue to receive them and people only notified of assignee changes will also receive the updates.

People who receive all "Issue Update" events will receive an assignee change as an "issue updated" event. Your use case is interesting as it seems to be custom development.

New APIs were added to support firing both events at the same time and then only sending one email if necessary. This was through IssueEventBundle and related classes.

If you need further help on how to write a listener that is aware of the new events system, this would be better handled as a development query.

We provide support for developers at https://answers.atlassian.com.

If you create a question there you can talk to other plugin developers and the people that Atlassian has dedicated to help support our developer community for further help on achieving that integration.

Regards,

Oswaldo Hernández. 
JIRA Bugmaster.
[Atlassian]."

Deleted user August 31, 2016

Thanks for the response Tarun. So if I understand correctly, the "Issue Updated" is basically a bundle of a bunch of events. Since our watchers are notified of issue updated events they are getting emails for reassignments.

Does "Issue Updated" event cover anything that is not already covered by other events (i.e. issue assigned, issue commented, etc)? In other words, if I remove watchers from "Issue Updated" notifications will they miss anything important? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events