Configuring fisheye plugin in JIRA

Steve MacKenzie August 9, 2012

I have JIRA 5.0.5 and Fisheye 2.7.15 installed and running on Ubuntu 11.04.

I am trying to configure jira-fisheye-plugin-5.0.4.1 in JIRA.

I followed installation instructions on https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/FISH/FishEye+for+JIRA+Installation+Guide for fisheye plugin version 3.0+ and restarted JIRA instance.

The configuration link refers to Administration-< Fisheye Configuration, however that option does not appear on my JIRA Administration page.

can you please advise

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve MacKenzie October 9, 2012

Thanks for your assistance. after enabling Remote API in fisheye config, then deleting/reseting application link in JIRA, resolved the problem.

0 votes
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Hi Steve,

Once JIRA FishEye plugin comes embedded with JIRA 5.0.5 you can refer to this document to integrate both application which I believe is one of the best articles about linking JIRA with FishEye. Also please note that almost all configuration could be done from JIRA side. Here goes a few tips just in case:

- enabel remote api calls at FishEye Administration;

- configure IP Patterns and URL Patterns according to example;

- remember to set View Version Control permission to JIRA users that will use integration in the default. permission scheme

I hope this can help you.

Cheers,

Leonardo

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Did you check the plugin manager and make sure that it see's the plugin, that it is loaded and active? That's the first place you should start. From there, if it active and loaded, my next question would be does the user you are logging in as have jira-administrator permissions?

Suggest an answer