Configuring Timeout For LDAP

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Our instace of JIRA is connected to Active Directory, and I've noticed that users sometimes have problems logging into the system. I suspect that some an unresponsive network might be the culprit and increasing the time out for our LDAP connection might be the way to go.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

After reading about LDAP settings at the link above, I expected to be able to adjust this in the 'Advanced' section, but as the screenshot below shows, I don't see how I can adjust the time out.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

There is related question - maybe helps.

LDAP tuning was available till JIRA 4.3, try to add -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.read.timeout jira=seconds in setenv.sh.

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

genius! that related question looks like it'll solve our issue. i sent it over to IT to give it a go.

Suggest an answer