Configuring Screens in Jira Service Desk

Deleted user September 13, 2019

HI,

Can somone explain how to configure the issue screen in Jira Service desk?  I have created a new screen and a screen scheme for when an issue is, created, edited or viewed, but I'm still stick with the same screen when I open the issue!

I'm using the new view, however I don't have the option to configure the screen through the ellipsis and configure......

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

@[deleted] , you change the screen scheme (or edit the current one) via the Screens page under project settings.

screens.jpg

Hi Jack,

I have done that for create, edit and view.  When I create a new issue the view looks correct and as I set it, when I then open the issue I just created the view isn't what I created?

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

Post a screenshot of your Project Settings | Screens with expanded screen scheme as Jack showed above. Let us take a look. Issue Type Screen Schemes are a bit tricky.

• Issue operations (create/edit/view) are mapped to Screen and this mapping is called as "Screen Scheme"
  • The "Screen Scheme" is then mapped to the Issue Types and this mapping is called as "Issue Type Screen Scheme"

So there are mappings at 2 places.

Ravi

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 15.17.32.pngScreenshot 2019-09-13 at 15.17.32.pngHI,  ok thanks.  I have included the screenshots.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

So your project is FSDS and you have only 1 screen scheme mapped to all the issues.

When you click on "Flexys Default Screen" do you see the fields that you added? If yes then

- The field is available in your project but it might be possible that the custom field either is hidden or has a context set which is not allowing you to view it.

else

- Check Field Configuration as well as Custom Field Context.

Hi, yes when I click on the default screen it displays the fields I have added.

in field configuration I have set a tonne of the fields to hidden and they still appear when i open the issue.....

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

JSD acts like another layer on top of Jira. Fields you added are added in Jira which is step 1. If you try to create issue from within Jira you should be able to see those fields but not on the portal.

Step 2 would be to add those newly added fields in your request form (which are mapped to request types). Just go to Project settings | Request types and you will be able to add fields there.

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the quick response.  I can add fields onto the portal when creating a request type, the issue I'm having is when an agent opens the issue I can't find a way t edit that screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events