Configuring Multiple Mail Handlers

Liz September 11, 2013

Hi there,

I'm having trouble adding an incoming mail handler. I'd like to be able to create tickets from email for three different gmail addresses, each going to different projects. When I try to add an addition gmail handler, it just changes the project in which the tickets are created.

Any help is appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2013

Hi Liz,

You just need to configure the three mail accounts in the Incoming Mail and then create three separate mail handlers, one for each of the mail accounts that you have.

George-Cristian Serban September 25, 2013

Hello Pedro,

Can you help me with the question I have inserted bellow?

Kind regards,

George

IT Support August 11, 2016

Hi Pedro,

I am trying to configure JIRA mail handler and succeeded but when outside of my company users/clients sends an email to my support email id the ticket is creating but they are not receiving any notification/ticket number.

Can you please help me on this, i am very new to Jira.

Thanks in advance.

Harish Kallem

Ph: 919-263-2566 | Ext 116

+91 9700131754

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2013

Hello,

You can achieve this by configuring some mail aliases and using the catch parameter. For more details, check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

0 votes
George-Cristian Serban September 23, 2013

Hello all,

Can you please let me know how can I use one email address to serve several projects?

I have the email, I have the mail handler, but I can record the tasks only on one project. I want somehow to parse the files so I can distribute the email to related projects.

Can you please let me know if this can be done?

Kind regards,

George

Suggest an answer