Configuring JIRA to create issues via email

Dhananjay Maan January 2, 2013

I have configured JIRA (incoming emails) mail server and mail handler for existing email id. It configured successfully but it started created issues for old emails. Can you please suggest how can we prevent it, creating issues for existing emails?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

maybe using folders is an idea...

as you explained i understand the email you're using was used or is used for other stuff before.

you may configure the listener to look i a specific folder where you route all those mails you want issues to be created from

oh if you use an imap or pop3 account you may archive old mails to remove them from INBOX?

and if you need some more specific filtering or configuration i suggest using something like JEMH cause jiras included mail listener cannot be adjusted explicitly like JEMH

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2013
Hi there,
To my understanding, certain mail servers (Gmail, Yahoo etc) has the capability to change the setting for the POP3 account to only accessible for the mail that arrives from now on. Selecting this option will ensure that only the latest mail is captured by the mail handler.
Example on how to change the pop3 settings, please refer to the link below
Hope that helps! Cheers!

Suggest an answer