Configuring JIRA for HTTPS - Fustration

Andreas Langwaldt January 24, 2017

I want to configure our JIRA server (Windows Server 2012 R2) for HTTPS following the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/running-jira-over-ssl-or-https-720411727.html and I am not able to success

We have a .p12 key pair file and a set of signed certificate files from a CA.

I performed the following steps:

1. Installation of the Portecle App
  2. Creation of a new Keystore file "jira.jks"
  3. Under "Tools - Options" changed the CA Certs Keystore to the path of the .p12 key pair file
  4. Import the .p12 key pair file
  5. Import of the root and intermediate certificates
  6. Import of the CA Reply in the key pair file
  7. Save the Keystore file
  8. Run the JIRA Configuration Tool (config.bat) choose Profile "HTTP and HTTPS (redirect...)" and entered HTTPS Port, Keystore Path, Keystore Password and Key Alias - Pressed "Check Certificates in Key Store" and saved the configuration

All of the above steps were without errors.

But when I try to restart the Windows Service "Atlassian JIRA" it failed.

When I configure it back to HTTP via config.bat the service ist starting.

I don't know what is going wrong. In the various log files I can not find specivic errors.

2 answers

0 votes
Andreas Langwaldt February 15, 2017

Hello Mihai,

in the meantime I could solve the problem.

The reason im my case was the graphical JIRA configuration tool for the web server (config.bat).

Every time I configured SSL/HTTPS over this tool, the windows service "Atlassian JIRA" could no longer be started.

When I edited the server.xml file manually and made the corresponding entries for HTTPS, the service started without problems and the JIRA site was accessible via HTTPS.

Regards

Christian

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2017

Hello Christian,

Check the logs you might find some useful information there.

Suggest an answer