Configured request type has too many visible required fields

George Elovaris September 9, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2016

Request type fields are configurable via project settings->Request Types and then edit fields on the request type you want to change.

image2016-9-9 22:52:9.png

If they are still not removable from there that mean they been configured as required fields on the corresponding issue type in JIRA, you then need to go to JIRA administration(the clog icon on the top right corner)->issues->screens, choose the right screen and click configure to configure the fields on the screens.

image2016-9-9 22:51:16.png

Miguel Seabra Melo April 14, 2020

I want to add product categorization to my issues. In all my project->request types, inside the edit fields, I added Product categorization (that placed that at the top, in the "Customer request form" section). I then moved quite a few of the fields in the section below to the right "hidden field" panels).

Not only that, in Screen Schemes for my project, I also added Product categorization and removed many of the unneeded fields.

I'm still getting "Configured request type has too many visible required fields" on inbound emails :-( What could I be missing?

Like Ulrika Sjödin likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2016

Ask your admins to reduce them down to a more sensible number.

George Elovaris September 9, 2016

thanks, when you say them, where are they located please?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2016

Sorry, what do you mean by "located"?  A field is part of JIRA, you need to look at the administration of it.

Suggest an answer