Configure issues by project category

Deleted user April 25, 2017

Is there a way I can setup my fields and screens for issues to be uniform (at least by default) with custom fields for every project that gets created in a category?

From what I could find it looks like people have been asking for something like this as far back as 4  years ago but I have not seen any ways to accomplish this.

Edit

To clarify I am using the Cloud version.

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2017

As far as I know, there's no way to do this out of the box. We have a similar situation in which we have several different project types, so the schemes (permissions, screens, notifications, fields, etc.) all need to be the same so our approach is the same for all of those types of projects.

In our case, we use ScriptRunner's Copy Project script (info found on this page). We have a "template" project we use as the source project, then copy that source project. After we copy the project, we basically just change which users have access to that project and we're all set to go.

Since all of those copied projects use the same schemes, any change we make a single scheme will change across all projects, which keeps them all uniform.

Interesting, would that work on the cloud version? I just remembered that it might make a difference.

Still sounds like more work than should be necessary but certainly better than manually adjusting each field/screen.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2017

Hmmm - I'm not familiar with ScriptRunner on Cloud. unfortunately.

Even without ScriptRunner's Copy Project script, you could technically create a project from scratch all using the same schemes. You could create a set of schemes that will always be applied to projects within a category.

You would just have to set each scheme manually whenever you create a new project. It'll take longer than with the script, but as long as those projects share schemes, you shouldn't have to adjust each field/screen manually - they should all match and any changes you make to a scheme would be reflected across all projects.

Creating custom projects is what I am looking into right now but have not found where I start that yet. Thank you for the great ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events