Configure Workflow to allow Certain Group to Perform Certain Workflow Transition

seethamraju November 14, 2019

Hi,

My requirement is i want to give a condition that when all the users in specific group accepts then only that transition should happen and it should go to next stage in work flow.

could any one please provide sollution.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello @seethamraju

Thank you for reaching out.

For JIRA Software Cloud application, the only way to require all the users in a specific group to approve an issue before proceeding in your workflow would be by selecting each of the users to forward the issue in their respective approval status. These would be the steps:

1 - creating a single status for each user that will need to approve

2 - Configure in the transitions that lead to the approval status with the post function "Update issue field", updating the assignee of the issue with the user that need to approve

3 - Configure in the transitions that lead to the next status with the Condition "Only assignee condition", making sure that only the approver can proceed in the workflow

4 - Repeat the process above for all the approvers/statuses

We understand that this is not the more effective way to do it, that's why we create a feature request to implement the same approval feature as JIRA Service Desk:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-62156 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Alternatively, there are some apps that can help you achieve this functionality with JIRA software:

Group Sign-Off / Multi-Approval for Jira 

Approval Path for Jira 

Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer