Configure Workflow Transition Post-Function to Fire Custom Event

Donell Peters June 30, 2016

I have been following the instructions on this page, but at the end can't figure out the steps in the Post Function Transition.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Adding+a+Custom+Event 

1. Update the post-function to fire the custom event.

I do not see a Custom Event Post Function listed on the screen.

4 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Most transitions, by default, has a post function to fire a generic event. Edit it and change the event to your custom event. You can only fire one event.

Narasimha murthy August 28, 2019

Hi Jobin,

do we only have to fire the Generic/Custom events? all other system events will work without adding fire post function in the workflow transition?

Thanks

1 vote
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Add the "Fire Event" post-function and select the Custom Event which was created in the previous steps.

Donell Peters June 30, 2016

I don't see a Fire Event Post-Function option on this screen.

image2016-6-30 15:31:29.png

thekngmkr2015 October 20, 2017

Script runner gives this add on

0 votes
Jenn Sherman April 30, 2020

After you select post-function, I see a "generic event" action.  When I edit that line, I can see the list of actions including my custom event.  This is without script runner.

0 votes
thekngmkr2015 October 20, 2017

Script runner gives this post function option

Suggest an answer