Configure JEMH to behave differently on create

Jo-Anne MacLeod February 4, 2015

Here is my requirement:  If a user sends an email, a ticket gets created by JEMH in a project.  The ticket is unassigned. 

• When created this way one particular email address needs to be notified. 
  • When a ticket is created using default JIRA then the email address is not notified. 

The notification scheme is removed from the project and is handled in JEMH directly, otherwise two emails are sent.  This is fine.  But how can I configure JEMH, or CAN I configure JEMH to behave differently on create?  Thoughts? Suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

You can do this in the following ways:

1. Add a JEMH Profile Custom Field Default which will only be applied by JEMH during create:
    1. Single User Picker type (in which case, the notification scheme will work - if you have the custom post-create event setup so that all issue fields, including watchers, and custom fields have been set)
    2. Single Line Text type (in which case add to JEMH Event Listener as another source of recipients)
  2. Use Project Mappings.  If you dont have any yet, you could simply add 'one', for your JEMH driven ticket project.  Within a single regexp Domain Rule for .* (everything), you can also set user supplied custom fields and values (3 of them) to accomplish the same thing
Jo-Anne MacLeod February 6, 2015

I have created a custom field of type user picker.  Because this didn't work I also created a text field

I added in a new Custom Field Default and populated it with the proper email address

I created a project mapping

I've tried variations and combinations of the above.  None of them have given me the desired results, that is this particular user receiving a notification.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Suggest an answer