Configuration wolkflow postfunction by JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

Alaine_Pabayos March 10, 2016

Hi,

The configuration what automatically updating of specific field (e.g. Accepted Date Time (Date Time Picker)) when we will push down "crate issue".

Please teach us whatever it takes to make.

Best Regards,

2 answers

1 vote
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

hi

in the create transition you add "update issue custom field" and then choose the accepted date time custom field. write the custom field value and then you should be done.

in order to do this you need JIRA suite utilities add-on. it is a free add-on you can use.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/cloud/overview

Alaine_Pabayos March 15, 2016

Hi,

the following description of our environment

Core

JIRA 6.2.1 ( Not JIRA Cloud)

Plug-In

Behaviour Plugin (0.5.10/OnResolve Ltd)

iDalko Table Grid plugin j500 (1.13.0-rc2-j500/iDalko - tools for agile teams)

InProduct translation for JIRA (1.0.0-beta7/Atlassian)

JIRA Calendar Plugin

JIRA Charting Plugin

JIRA Misc Custom Fields

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

Jira Scripting Suite

JIRA Suite Utilities

JIRA Timesheet Reports and Gadgets Plugin

JIRA Toolkit Plugin

jira-clone-project-plugin

Project Configurator

RemindMe

Script Runner

Wallboard Plugin

AddOnLicensingEmailNotificationsPluginJob-job

We have applied Plug-In of the JIRA Suite Utilities already.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

hi,

go to your workflow of your project in edit mode:

Selection_003.png

click on create as you can see above. you can see post functions next to it. click on post functions.

Selection_004.png

add post function and choose update issue custom field:

Selection_005.png

then choose your accepted date time custom field and write down your value.

Selection_006.png

click add. this will make accepted date time custom field filled everytime you create an issue.

however if you want to add different values according to issue, you need to write a custom script and add it to your issue as a script post function as you can see above. 

Alaine_Pabayos March 16, 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Thank you so much.

> however if you want to add different values according to issue, you need to write a custom script and add it to your issue as a script post function as you can see above.

Yes.Yes.

I would like to know what we script the code for our purpose's achieve* .

* Click of "Next” → Automatically date and time is updated for the field of Accepted Date Time.

Alaine_Pabayos March 16, 2016

I mean, do you know the suitable sample code?

Alaine_Pabayos March 17, 2016

Hi,

Issue > Workflow > Target_Workflow > Edit > Diagram > Crate Issue > Post functions > Add post function > Update Issue Custom Field >

・Issue Custom Field: xxx Date Time
 xxx Date Time (Field Type: Date Time Picker)

・Custom Field Value: %%CURRENT_DATETIME%%

Add > Publish Draft

I have retried it's operation (push down "crate issue), but don't updated automatically.

0 votes
Florian Kollin March 10, 2016

Hi Alaine,

I hope I get your question right. Do you want to automate that a field gets updated, after a certain step in the workflow? If that's right you can find your answer here in the advanced workflow documentation

Just scroll down to the "Optional Post Functions". This offers a list of fields/things you can update.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day smile
Florian 

Hi,

How to say...

We use the JIRA default as this PJ's Workflow.

Which insert to settings is ?

Click of "Next” → Automatically date and time is updated for the field of Accepted Date Time.

We must acquire the way of configure to make it.

Your indicate "Optional Post Functions" is feel so good.

But It's so unclear what to do, I would like to know about more configure of detail.
Next Comment, please.

Thank you for your cooperation.

We look forward to hearing from you!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/advanced-workflow-configuration-749383189.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-optionalpostfunctionsOptionalpostfunctions

We was away of nearly that "Update Issue Field".

> Update Issue Field 

> Updates one of the issue's fields to a given value. Fields that can be updated include:

>    Assignee

>    Description

>    Environment

>    Priority

>    Resolution

>    Summary

>    Original Estimate

>    Remaining Estimate

> (info) This post function cannot update custom fields and must be positioned after the other >optional post functions.

But the Issue Type of "Accepted Date Time (Date Time Picker)"   is unsuitable from issue fields indicated.

> Additional post functions may be available from installed plugins. or you can create your own post functions using the plugin system; see the Workflow Plugin Modules for details.

Luckily, So I know additional info form you.

But, plugin system is not appearance (This message has been deleted...)
Which plugin system original was present ?

Best Regards,

Suggest an answer