Configuration question about assigning issues automatically vs. explicit selecting assignee by choice

Hi all!

The following workflow-behaviour is intended:

1. If a developer resolves an issue by clicking "Finish Development" without taking further action on choosing the assignee for the next step/status "Ready for QA" in the resolve issue screen, the assignee for the "Ready for QA" status should be a certain user, who I configured by postfunction "Update Issue Field" -> "Assignee" -> "User XY"

2. If a developer resolves an issue by clicking "Finish Development" and assignes the issue on the resolve issue screen to a certain user for the next status "Ready for QA", the assignee field should NOT be overwritten by the user who I configured by postfunction.

How can I achieve that behaviour?

Cheers,
Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Mar 06, 2014

You may be able to do it with scripting. If these are the ONLY 2 resolutions you wan to allow, the out of the box solution is to have 2 transitions titled with the resolution and automatically set the fields with a post function. Don't allow the user the ability to see/change the fields.

Hi Joe,

I think I will try 2 transitions! Thanks for inspiration ;)

Regards,Sebastian

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

119 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you