Configuration question about assigning issues automatically vs. explicit selecting assignee by choice

Deleted user March 6, 2014

Hi all!

The following workflow-behaviour is intended:

1. If a developer resolves an issue by clicking "Finish Development" without taking further action on choosing the assignee for the next step/status "Ready for QA" in the resolve issue screen, the assignee for the "Ready for QA" status should be a certain user, who I configured by postfunction "Update Issue Field" -> "Assignee" -> "User XY"

2. If a developer resolves an issue by clicking "Finish Development" and assignes the issue on the resolve issue screen to a certain user for the next status "Ready for QA", the assignee field should NOT be overwritten by the user who I configured by postfunction.

How can I achieve that behaviour?

Cheers,
Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2014

You may be able to do it with scripting. If these are the ONLY 2 resolutions you wan to allow, the out of the box solution is to have 2 transitions titled with the resolution and automatically set the fields with a post function. Don't allow the user the ability to see/change the fields.

0 votes
Deleted user March 9, 2014

Hi Joe,

I think I will try 2 transitions! Thanks for inspiration ;)

Regards,Sebastian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events