Configuration of Drop down list in create issue form

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

Hello to all JIRA experts :-)

Can I turn off the feature that prevents showing all drop down list options in create issue form? See attached picture please. My users want to see all options without typiing their names, cause they can't remember all names of options.

Running JIRA 6.1.5 WAR @ Linux.

Looking forward for any useful answer!

Leos Junek, Czech Republic, Prague

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

Go to the "field configuration" for the project/issue type (bear in mind these can be shared)

Find "component/s" on the list

Look to the right for "renderer" and click it

Change it to "select list"

Save

Test :-)

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

Thanks, Nic, for very very quick answer!

Your steps were not completely accurate, but they led to solution. To describe it in precise way, I would tell this:

Administration (g g shortcut) > Field Configurations > select appropriate field configuration scheme by clicking on its name > at the end of appropriate desired field (Components in my case) click on Renderers > select Select List Renderer (previous selected option was Autocomplete Renderer)

Anyway - due to your steps I could solve it. Many thanks, Nic! :-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

You can get to the field configurations via the project-admin screens as well as global admin - that's the route I posted.

It's generally quicker too, because you don't have to try to work out which schemes are used by the project - they're there on screen for you as part of the project config display!

0 votes
Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2014

In JIRA 4.4.4 there was no shortening of drop down list. Our company upgraded to JIRA 6.1.5 and our users are annoyed with that feature.

Suggest an answer