Configuration Scheme Labels

Stephen Pilkington October 8, 2016

I have a project using the Requirements Custom Field to link requirements issues in JIRA to TestFlo Test Cases.

The Configuration Scheme was accidently deleted and all the data was no longer displayed i.e. in the Requirements Field in the Test Case and in the Tests Under Execution panel on the requirement issue.

The Configuration Scheme was recreated with exactly the same configuration however the data did not return. Could this be because the Configuration Scheme label is different? Is there a way of determining the old Configuration Scheme Label or any other way of resurrecting the data? 

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Pilkington October 9, 2016

Hi Nic

Each Custom Field can be used across multiple projects and can be configured differently for each project.

Accessed by Administration>Issues>Custom Fields. Then select the applicable CF (Requirement in my example)and configure.

This take you to the Configure Custom Field: Requirement screen. Here you can create your contexts for each project. Each context has a mandatory Configuration scheme label field.

I have a feeling that deleting the project specific context deletes the data for that project. I hope someone can tell me II am wrong.

Regards

Steve 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2016

I'm not sure what you mean by "configuration scheme label".  Do you mean the "name" of it?  (Label has a specific meaning in jira-speak - it's a type of field, which goes on issues, not configuration schemes)

Also, which "configuration scheme" is it?  Fields?  Workflows?  Issue type screens?  Removal of most of these won't delete the underlying data, and you'll just have been swapped to one that hides the data rather than removes it.  But we can't be sure without knowing which scheme it is.

Suggest an answer