Configuration: Allows seconds, default unit

J4N January 18, 2017

Hi, 

We added Tempo Timesheet on our JIRA server, and we have some things that really make the tool harder to user:

1. We extract our hours from a  tools, this tools gives us the time in a decimal format(by example 4.18hours). The issue is that 4.18hours is not a whole minute, and it is not accepted by the tool, so now every task we do, we have to open the calculator,  convert the part after the period into minutes and round it. If Tempo doesn't support seconds(which is weird, but I can understand), ok, but at least allow us to enter seconds and then round them at the closest minute. Currently if I try to enter "4.18h", I get an error saying it is an invalid time.
  2. We always work with hours, but currently if we don't specify anything, (like "4.18") it's understood as a minute. Is it a way to change this?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2017

Hi,

You should be able to log this number of hours in Tempo Timesheets when the default unit for time tracking is set to hour (JIRA Administration, Issues, Time tracking) and you log work without adding the "h" (so only enter 4.18).

Regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer