Configurable session timeout ?

JonG December 5, 2015

Hi,

we have been using OpenID Authentication for JIRA with Google for a while, and have been very happy. The only thing that has been bothering us is that users are signed out regularly and have to sign in again to JIRA by authenticating against their Google account. This happens to users who use JIRA 2-3 times a day. 

Is there a configurable session timeout for OpenID Authentication for JIRA, or is the session duration controlled by JIRA or the Google backend?

Thanks,

Jon Arnar

5 answers

3 votes
Ryan Schneider April 7, 2016

What's the status of this? My organization recently migrated from Cloud Confluence to hosted with Google auth and are experiencing the same problem. It is quite frustrating after previously having the login remembered for weeks at a time.

Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2016

There's still no solution for that.

2 votes
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2015

I think what you want is that the plugin for all users logging in would use "Remember my login on this computer" option from the regular login form, right?

This is not currently supported but I can make the plugin work that way.

1 vote
Alexander Ryabov June 3, 2016

Hi @Pawel Niewiadomski,

Is there any solution or workaround to make user sessions live longer? Out users are quite unhappy having to login several times a day. Any help would be appreciated.

1 vote
JonG December 7, 2015

Hi @Pawel Niewiadomski, you are absolutely right. "Remember my login" would be a great help smile

Thanks,

Jon Arnar

0 votes
Eric Reiche January 5, 2017

Hello @Pawel Niewiadomski,

I just wanted to push this ticket again, this is important for us as well.

Thank you for providing this plugin.

Regards,

Eric Reiche from FlixBus

Suggest an answer