Conditions Validator issue with IE

Bertrand October 21, 2012

I recently installed the Conditions Validator plugin (version 2.0.2) on our JIRA instance (version 5.1.4). Since then our users have been experiencing a javascript error in IE8 whenever they transition an issue.

The spinning wheel stays on and a javascript error flag shows up on the bottom of the page. The user has to refresh the page to continue working. By refreshing the page, we can see the transition went through.

So this issue is not blocking but it is definitely annoying for our user experience.

When we disable the conditions validator plugin, this problem does not occur anymore.

3 answers

2 votes
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2012

Hi Bertrand,

Looks like there is some problem with the javascript that is in the Conditions Validator plugin that is erroring out. You need to contact the plugin provider to inform them about the same.

I researched a bit and I found a few articles that have some suggestions on fixing the problem :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10903989/could-not-complete-the-operation-due-to-error-80020101-ie

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11113547/could-not-complete-the-operation-due-to-error-80020101-in-ie

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012
0 votes
KhongMingA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Hi Bertrand,

From the screenshot, it seems that is a plugins faulty. But it may too soon to tell.
Can you check on the following:-

• make sure you are not running IE on compatibility on.
  • since when the plugins is off, everything working fine.
    so it might be the plugin is outdated, can you check on the compatibility of the plugin?

Do this affect to the other browser as well?

Cheers
KM

Suggest an answer