Conditionally assign issue based on creator?

Daniel Jacobs January 20, 2014

We currently auto-assign new issues to the QA person as New in the Post Function for Create. I'd like tickets created by one particular user to be assigned to that user instead, and as Opened rather than New. Is there a way to do this with a single workflow?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2014

Hi,

JIRA Enhancer Plugin (from 4.3.5 version on), has a post function "Assign to a user in role according to a field in the issue".

It automatically assigns issue to a user in a role based on a field in the issue. However, it does not assign within creation of the issue. But in the upcoming version it will.

Regards

Tuncay Senturk

Daniel Jacobs February 4, 2014

Thank you. Do you have an ETA for the upcoming version?

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2014

I have implemented already, and this feature will be live within two weeks

Daniel Jacobs February 16, 2014

I grabbed the newest version. I think I'm having a case of the dumbs. Can you step me through how I can accomplish this? I am running Jira 6.1.7. If UserA creates the issue, I want it to be assigned to UserA as Opened. If anyone else creates the issue, I want it to be assigned to UserB as New. I will be quite glad to buy the plugin if this works!

Thanks,

Daniel

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2014

Hi Daniel,

Please email me with screenshots so that I can reproduce and help you

tuncay.senturk@gmail.com

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2014

Hi Daniel,

Here you mean two assignee action. However you can do it with JIRA Enhancer Plugin as below steps.

1. Add "JEP - Assign Issue to a Role" post function. Here all issues will be assigned to Role B (has member of User B).

2. Add "JEP - Assign issue to a role, according to a field of issue" post function. Select reporter - equals = UserA, assign to Role B.

Below you can see the steps in workflow.

Regards

Tuncay Senturk

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

Any progress on this?

I have tried and seen the success scenario.

If you have any problem please do not hesitate to ask

Tuncay

Daniel Jacobs February 17, 2014

Thank you. I can see that this should work. But we are having a problem. Any new issues are being assigned to the Project Lead, even if I don't use your plugin and just have a post function to explicitly assign the issue to a specific user. I just opened a ticket with Atlassian to see if they can help resolve this. I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that we upgraded from 5.2.4 to 6.1.7 recently and something went wrong.

Daniel Jacobs February 20, 2014

I marked this as answered, as I'm sure it should be working and will once we figure out what is wrong with Issue assignment in general.

0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Hi Daniel,

The script runner plugin would allow you to run a script on issue creation to assign it to that particular user should he be the reporter, you'D just have to write the script. You can also use the "fast track transition an issue" function to transition it afterwards to another status. And it's free :-)

Suggest an answer