Conditional post function

Hi,
We have custom workflow with different states and transitions.
Our requirement is to implement a conditional transition using post functioning in the following way:
  1.  User clicks on transition "A" to "B"
  2. In the post function check value of custom field: 
    1. If value == "No" executed "A" to "B" 
    2. else execute "A" to "some other state"

I am trying to achieve this by using post functioning "Transition" (provided by Miscellaneous workflow extensions) which allows to add a groovy condition. This what i am trying:

ConditionalTransition.png

I am using following condition:

if(issue.get('Needs Merging') == 'Yes')
{return true;}

But it is not working and when user clicks on the transition it simply executes the original transition which is "A" to "B" even if the field value is set to "Yes".

What am i doing wrong? please help?

Regards,

Zeeshan

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Pitt Community Champion Sep 08, 2016

Unless the value was already saved from before the transition i don't think the script has access to the current value in the field. I've done similar stuff but the field I checked was already saved from the previous status. I used the the conditional function and had multiple transitions, one for each value option.

I also think it is necessary to save the value before starting the transition. If you can manage this it should be quite simple.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. Yes the value is already saved in one of the previous transitions. Now how can that be accessed in script?

Regards,

Zeeshan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

19 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you