Conditional post function

Jira PLCP Team September 8, 2016
Hi,
We have custom workflow with different states and transitions.
Our requirement is to implement a conditional transition using post functioning in the following way:
  1.  User clicks on transition "A" to "B"
  2. In the post function check value of custom field: 
    1. If value == "No" executed "A" to "B" 
    2. else execute "A" to "some other state"

I am trying to achieve this by using post functioning "Transition" (provided by Miscellaneous workflow extensions) which allows to add a groovy condition. This what i am trying:

ConditionalTransition.png

I am using following condition:

if(issue.get('Needs Merging') == 'Yes')
{return true;}

But it is not working and when user clicks on the transition it simply executes the original transition which is "A" to "B" even if the field value is set to "Yes".

What am i doing wrong? please help?

Regards,

Zeeshan

3 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2016

Unless the value was already saved from before the transition i don't think the script has access to the current value in the field. I've done similar stuff but the field I checked was already saved from the previous status. I used the the conditional function and had multiple transitions, one for each value option.

0 votes
Jira PLCP Team September 8, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. Yes the value is already saved in one of the previous transitions. Now how can that be accessed in script?

Regards,

Zeeshan

0 votes
Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

I also think it is necessary to save the value before starting the transition. If you can manage this it should be quite simple.

Suggest an answer