Conditional field in JIRA

Kristjan Petursson January 3, 2018

I hava to different fields:

• One field called ‘Kundi’ of type ‘Database information’ (Has the ID: 11407)

• One field called ‘Undirskipan’ of type ‘Select List (single choice) (Has the ID: 11810)

I would like that the field ‘Undirskipan’ is only visible if the field ‘Kundi’ has the value ‘TAKS’ (TAKS is one of the elements possible to choose from the list)

Could someone help me achieve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

1, If you use Power Script, you could create a live field with an entry point

lfWatch("single select", {"Kundi"}, "setSingleSelect.sil");

and your setSingleSelect.sil would look like this

if (contains(argv["Kundi"], "TAKS")) {
  lfShow("Undirskipan");
} else {
   lfHide("Undirskipan");
}

2. If you have Adaptivist Scriptrunner, you would need to create a behaviour and your script would look like this

CustomField kundiField = getFieldByName("Kundi")
CustomField undirskipanField = getFieldByName("Undirskipan")
if (kundiField.getValue().equals("TAKS)) {
undirskipanField.setRequired(true)
} else {
undirskipanField.setRequired(false)
}
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

You'll need to inject javascript to do that, but doing it manually is an unsupportable and unreliable nightmare.

You'll be better off using the Behaviours module in Script Runner to do it, although I'm not 100% sure it will work with whatever you mean by "database field"

Evgeniy Russkikh January 3, 2018

I think Power Scripts for Jira help you easily do this

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

As far as I inderstand there are 2 addons which can help you Adaptivist ScriptRunner with the behaviour functionality and Power Scripts with the live fields functionality. Each of them has own advantages. But you would need to answer Nic's question about the Database Information field. What kind of field is it?

Kristjan Petursson January 3, 2018

It is a ‘Select List (single choice). The list is being populated via SQL therefore the "Database Information" type.

But it is a simple dropdown feature

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

What add-on is providing it though?

Suggest an answer