Conditional Workflow

Khema Ahuja July 22, 2014

Hi, I want to create a conditional workflow based on the following:

my workflow is: Create Issue- Business Scoping - Technology Scoping - Deal Review.......

The requirement is:

In Business scoping there is a Picklist field, and the values are Yes or No.

Now if the value of that field is "Yes", it should go step by step in a normal manner.

But if the value of that field is "No", it should skip the "Technology Scoping" and go directly to the Deal Review.

I am not sure how can we do this. Any help???? Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Chris Hodgens July 29, 2014

With the condition, the destination step is not shown on the issue unless the condition passes. So if you have a condition then checks that a field is a certain value, if the field is not that value, then the transition button will not be shown on the issue.

So for the transition that links to "Technology Scoping" you should add a new condition using the Value Field Condition and set the parameters to :

Field - Whatever the field is called, i guess Business Scoping?

Condition - =

Value - Yes

Comparison Type - String

This will then only show the "Technology Scoping" transition if the Business Scoping field is set to True.

Similarly, you have something similar on the transition from Business Scoping to Deal Review, that will have a condition the similar, but with a Value of No, so that the transition to go direct to Deal Review is only available if the value is No.

0 votes
Khema Ahuja July 22, 2014

Thanks Chris, I am very new to JIRA so not aware about some of the functions. It would be great if you could elaborate more on that particular condition. I can see field value condition, but that will make the field required to execute that particular transition. Not sure what to do.We are using JIRA on demand version. Thanks

0 votes
Chris Hodgens July 22, 2014

You should be able to do this by using the condition on the workflow with the value field condition. The transition for Technology Scoping should have a condition on it that sates that the value field must = Yes. If it does not, then the Technology Scoping transition will not be shown. Also you would need something similar on the Deal Review, there should be a transition from the same point, but the condition for this would only show the transition button if the value is No.

Suggest an answer