Conditional Workflow based on field value

Khema Ahuja July 9, 2014

I have following workflow

Open - Business Scoping - Technology Scoping - Deal Review - Proposed Terms

I have a field on detail screen "Technlology Scoping Required?" with values Yes or No

Every opportunity has to go to Business Scoping. But in Business scoping if the field "Technology scoping required" is NO, it shouldn't go to Technology scoping, but should go to Deal Review.

And if the "Technology Scoping Required" is Yes, I want to make sure thea the "Technology scoping" is updated.

Note: Business Scoping and Technology Scoping is optional and not required.

How can I do this? Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

Create transitions to both transitions.

Find or write a workflow condition that can block a transition based on a custom field value (I'd use the script runner plugin to enable this), then set up opposing ones on both transitions.

Khema Ahuja July 9, 2014

Thanks for your Reply. Can you please let me know the options available for JIRA On-Demand?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2014
Ah, there are not many. You have the system conditions, and have a look at the free plugins that add conditions, but I am not sure I can do this

Suggest an answer