Condition to jump status/skip flow if all sub-task are completed - JIRA Workflow

HPLC Admin December 14, 2017

I have created an workflow and used the Add-on: Add Issue on Transition in which I am able to automate sub-task creation on transition. Now I have another small help that I need.

Please refer to the Diagram attached. 

When I hit the transition: Primary Stakeholder_Test Category                 ,

Expectation: 2 sub-tasks should be created –      

(1) Secondary Stakeholder 1_Testing step

(2) Secondary Stakeholder 2_Testing step

Result: Working as expected

Now when I go back to the original Issue ticket, I still have to choose one of the same sub-task path to reach to HMA Service_Test Category.

Is there a way where I can put a condition/postfunction that can go directly from Primary Stakeholder_Test Category (status) to HMA Service_Test Category (status) if both the subtask are completed?

I have tried using the following condition "All Sub-tasks must have one of the following statuses to allow parent issue transitions: CLOSED" but it did not work 

Thank you.1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hello,

If you want to go from Primary Stakeholder_Test Category (status) to HMA Service_Test Category (status) then you need a direct transition. In your screenshot you do not have  a direct transition. You can only go to HMA Service_Test Category (status) only from Secondary stakeholder statuses. Make a direct transition and execute it when needed.

HPLC Admin December 15, 2017

Thanks Alexey. 

I did add a transition now going directly from Primary Stakeholder_Test Category (status) to HMA Service_Test Category (status). Although I do not know which condition to add? Sub-task blocking condition?

What I want is to hide that transition until all sub-tasks are closed and redirect it automatically to HMA Service_Test Category (status) when all sub-tasks are closed. 

Let me know what you think. Thanks again. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

Yes, You can use sub-task blocking condition

HPLC Admin December 15, 2017

Perfect Alexey. 

Thank you a lot. Your answer helped! :)

Suggest an answer