Condition to delete issues

Leandro S May 4, 2014

Hi,

Is there a way to create a condition to delete issues beyond the permission scheme?

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2014

No. I'm not sure why it would be useful to think about managing them outside the permissions shceme, that is very flexible and it makes sense to keep it all in the same place.

Plus, exactly what Joe says about deleting them applies. I'd also mention "move deleted issues to a wastebin project" can work well. But not actual delete.

Your question does beg another question. Why? What are you actually trying to do here?

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2014

Deleting issues from any tracking system will eventually lead to the 'what happened to..' question and deleting the wrong issue. The forum has had several questions about restoring an issue, which you can't, because the wrong one was deleted or it turned out it really shouldn't have been. I suggest closing it with a resolution of DELETED.

Suggest an answer