Condition not working on workflow transition

Swarna Radha September 21, 2017

Hi ,

I have added a condition 'Only the assignee of the issue can execute this transition.'. When i tried to transit an issue (assignee User X) from backlog to selected for development, issue is moved to selected for development.

JIRA Version: 7.4

Please see screenshot.

image.png

image.png

Thanks

Swarna

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Could you check the issue in plain Jira?  Ignore the board for now, and look specifically at the status of SR-1.  Is it "backlog"?  If it is, then check the workflow options - can you transition it to ready for development when you are not the assignee?  (The option won't appear if you can't)

Swarna Radha September 24, 2017

Hi I have managed to solve this issue, but i have added another condition  (User In Project Role) on another status, it is not working..

Please find screenshot.

Thanks Swarna

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

I'd say you were in the role of developer in the project.

Swarna Radha September 25, 2017

yeah, i log in as admin added myself as developer in this project. But when i log as Swarna in i am able to move any issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2017

I assume Swarma is not part of the developer's role. 

And if that is true, then that the workflow is not applied to the project (either it's in draft, or the workflow scheme referring to it is not applied)

Suggest an answer