Condition based fire event

In a JIRA workflow transition postfunction, I want to fire event based on condition.

for example, if Condition 'A' is true -> Fire event 'a' and if condition 'B' is true -> fire event 'b'.

6 answers

Yes... you would just use this post-function twice with different conditions, and firing different events.

Hi,

I simply used script from here with priority condition https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions#PostFunctions-Firinganeventtobeprocessedbymaillistener

It doesn't work. We are using a instance which is pretty old version i.e 3.13. Will it work with this version ??

Thanks. I have a custom field which is of type multiselect. How can I check condition for values of first select list and second select list in above example ?

Sorry, my mistake. I mean Cascade select list and not multiselect. I want to check for values in first list and second list seperately and based on that want to fire different events.

Hi,

I simply used script from here with priority conditionhttps://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions#PostFunctions-Firinganeventtobeprocessedbymaillistener

It doesn't work. We are using a instance which is pretty old version i.e 3.13. Will it work with this version ??

It should work but unless you can provide more information than "it doesn't work", ie log output, you are not going to get much help.

But personally, I would not fire up a 3.13 instance to try to debug this myself.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,111 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you