Components or Epics?

Daniel Sedlacek September 22, 2014

At my company we use Epics to categorise what I see as components of the system - various apps or islands of functionality. 

IMHO Epic defines an effort that have a clear start and an end. To develop a web app is an Epic but to maintain it is a task on a given component.

I would like to propose to start using components but obviously there will be a resistance to change in the name of "we always did it this way". Are there any advantages of categorising things correctly? Is there something I can not do with epics that I could do with components? Maybe it's not worth the effort at all. 

1 answer

1 vote
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

well with components you can have a lead and if a specific ticket has that component that lead can be assigned that ticket automatically. This helps triage tickets better. I dont know if that would be helpful to you. We use epics in a non agile way and just use them to keep track of certain projects with and without an end date. It just makes it easier to show management.

Suggest an answer