Components as a customfield?

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Hi there,

is there any way to create a customfield with all values listed as a component?

I can create customfields which takes data from versions, but not from components?

Any help or hint would be nice :-)

Kind regards
André

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

hi andre.

you could create a scripted field using the groovy script runner plugin or nfeed to query your jira database. check both of them out and find a lot of usefull stuff

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

Hmm OK, I will have a look at those plugins.

As I am not a "script-pro" I allways postponed all scripting-plugins :-)

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

Hi Andy,

one of our customer wants to use components and another field with the same data.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

Some clarification, of course there is already a 'components' field, if you want to have arbitrary 'values' a SelectList is what you would use, but it won't be linked to the projects components, I dont know of a specific external custom field for this.

What is the context of use, why would the existing components field not be adequate, why would you need two?

Suggest an answer