Component version / component version dependencies

GregT April 19, 2017

Hi All,

We have projects with multiple Components (e.g. ios, android, rest, backend) etc. Rather then using seperate projects with serperate sprints, I want to keep these components within a single project and version them. I am evaluating the Component/subcomponent version plugin which seems to solve part of this, but its a bit pricey and I'm afraid it may not solve all my requirements.

We need to solve these two problems:

1. Identify a release by component versions  e.g. "Release 5.3.0" is composed of specic component versions e.g. "Android 5.2.0" and "ios 5.2.4".

2. (The most important one) We need to define component dependencies within this release. e.g. "Android 5.2.0" requires minimum version of "API 5.1.5", and "PORTAL 5.2.0" requires minimum "BACKEND 5.1.0"

Is there any way to do this? Currently we're tracking this in a report manually outside of Jira whichis prone to error and would be better to maintain this within Jira.

As I said, I'm trying to avoid splitting out Components to individual projects. I'm sure someone has solved this already, and look forward to hearing from you!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

Hi @GregT ,

please take a look to the following app on the marketplace https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211591/versions-hierarchy?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer