Component set after creation

Deleted user July 24, 2014

Hello,

I've been sarching around here, but didn't get a conclusion yet. Is it possible that, if someone Edit an issue and set a different Component, it automatically updates the Assignee?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

def field = event.getChangeLog().getRelated('ChildChangeItem').any{ it.field.toString().equalsIgnoreCase("Component")}

if (field){

Collection components = issue.getComponents().name;

if(components.contains("New Employee")){

//set assignee

def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()

def supervisorWatcher = userManager.getUserObject("assignee")

issue.setAssignee(supervisorWatcher)

Thanks a lot, will check it out also..

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

Additional Information:
It is possible with some plugins, for example Behaviours plugin.It is for advanced users, but it is free.

Link to similar questions with answers (with assumption that you will use Behaviours plugin):

1. To set assignee:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/315286/using-behaviours-plugin-to-set-assignee-from-component-lead

2. To get component lead according to chosen component:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/55298/how-to-get-component-lead-according-to-chosen-component-when-using-jira-behaviours-plugin

Regards,
Florjan

Good call, I was planing to use this plugin on our second phase implementation, for other requests that i got. Thanks a lot also.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2014

No. that is for creation and it only sets it if you leave the assignee select to automatic.

That's what I thought, thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events