Component roles for JIRA?

Margaret Till July 23, 2014

Hi!

I have a question regarding component roles possibilities in JIRA. If I would, say, need to add another person as specifier to component besides component lead; that is - as an inferior user to the component lead.. would there be any possibility to do that? As an example - if an issue is first to be overseen by the component lead (e.g. team lead) and then, if needed, assigned to this other component role (e.g. developer) - would there be a way to do this (and how)? I have quite ran out of ideas on how to solve this situation with JIRA's possibilities..

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2014

I'm afraid there's nothing like that. The component lead is a single user and that's all.

The only workaround I can imagine without coding is to create a dummy user for the component lead, associating it with an email distribution list (which you'll have to handle in your mail server) so that you can at least mail many users.

Margaret Till July 23, 2014

Hey, thanks, that could actually help, I'll look into it! :)
Meanwhile, I was brainstorming here, and found the component watchers option - am still to check whether it could help as substitute for this kind of functionality.

Suggest an answer