Component notification

Anupriya Tyagi November 12, 2020

Hi all,

I have a question and want to know if this is possible somehow-

Suppose there is a user A who is not a component lead.

So, in a jira project, whenever an issue is marked with a specific component, user A gets notified via email about it that the issue is tagged with this component.

Please suggest. Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Without any additional app, I'd use filter subscription for this. Create a filter per component, share or have the user subscribe to this filter. You can setup the subscription on how often to run and inform the subscribers upon tickets matching the filter's JQL.

A better solution to this would require the Automations for Jira app. With that you could create a rule, when issue is modified and jql matches component = xyz then notify user 123...

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 12, 2020

Filter subscriptions are great and are often overlooked as a solution option. :)

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 12, 2020

This could be done using Jira Automation. Check out this page for links to some great articles and examples.

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Yes, native automation in Jira Cloud. Thanks, Kat.

David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

I agree for an Automation for Jira rule to be the best solution to this. However @Anupriya Tyagi is using Jira Server where Automations are not included as in Jira Cloud.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer