Component filling issue

Andrés Vallenas October 13, 2017

In my project, I have several filters based on component field(i.e. 'component=Android','component=iOS',etc). Everytime I create an issue with one filter selected, the issue's component field fills automatically to the filter component. But don't seem to happen with every filter (Android) and I don't know why.
Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Hi Andres,

It sounds like you are trying to create issues directly on the board that is using a component as an element in the JQL filter.   If I understand this correctly, I think you are running into this documented bug.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-14728 for details.

This problem is known to happen when you have the same component name in more than one project, and you are using that component in the filter for the board.   I agree that this problem should not happen in Jira.  However at the moment the only work-around that we have is to make sure that components in each project are uniquely named in Jira.   That can avoid this problem.

I would recommend watching the bug ticket for additional updates to this problem.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Andy

Andrés Vallenas October 17, 2017

Thanks, I found out that I created a component in a sample project that was causing this issue.
Funny to realize that Jira Server itself was being managed with Jira.

Suggest an answer