Component field changed to issue.field.components

For some reason my component field has been renamed to issue.field.components. I dont know how to change this back. I cannot add this field to any screen.

4 answers

1 accepted

Ok, I solved the problem. Turns out one of my files was missing the component field type. I have added this in and the component field is now back to its original state. I have a feeling there was someone poking around without my knowing... Thanks though for getting back to me!

Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team May 14, 2013

Hey there, Edward.

Glad to know that everything is fixed on your side. Didn't manage to help but you are welcome!

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team May 14, 2013

Hey there, Edward.

It could be due to some old caches / indexes stored in your JIRA that might have caused this to occur. Can you please try to perform the following steps and see if you are still having the same problem:

  1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Clear off browser cache
  3. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.osgi-plugins directory
  4. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.bundled-plugins directory
  5. Delete the contents of JIRA Installation Directory\work directory
  6. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\comments directory
  7. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\entities directory
  8. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\issues directory
  9. Restart JIRA instance

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi Danial,

Thank you for the reply. I tried the steps you suggested but it didn't solve my problem and seemed to cause a lot more unwanted problems in Jira. The only other information I can think that may be relevant was that I updated 6 plugins yesterday (I only remember greenhopper and the universal plugin manager). Until then the component field was fine. further to this, the component text in the project administration side of things has also changed to admin.projects.components.

Did you install a new language pack or accidently removed the installed one? I ran into something similar some time ago when Atlassian switched to community driven localisation. Maybe reinstalling a language pack would solve your problem?

Check https://translations.atlassian.com/ for fresh language packs.

0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team May 14, 2013

Hi Edward,

This seems like someone might have tampered with the language pack that is used by your instance, hence the name of the field is changed. Could you check to see if anyone has changed it?

You can find more details about this process here.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,965 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot